Distance 8 km
the blue gentian flowers from May to July. The gentian used to flavour schnapps is not this species but the rarer Great Yellow Gentian (Gentiana lutea). You may find a garnet during the walk. Garnet is a dark red semi-precious stone.
you can enjoy dairy products freshly made at Lammersdorf hut and the filling “Hüttenpfandl” made with speck, eggs and bread. The manager of the refuge will guide you round the hut and will play a special instrument to bring good cheer to all.
AuthorMillstätter Tourismus GmbH
Update: July 21, 2020
Safety informationThe most important emergency numbers in Austria
144 medical emergencies
140 Alpine emergency
112 European emergency
33T 395217 5185645
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentAn important prerequisite for the success of a hike, is beside the careful study of the maps, the best equipment. Standard features include solid, well-fitting Berschuhe, as well as a water and windproof jacket and over trousers (rain). Sunglasses, mobile phone and first aid kit should also be found in a small backpack the necessary space.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view