Medium to difficult hike from Lake Aichwald to the Rotschitza waterfall.
Distance 16.4 km
There is a nice pub, "Wirtshaus Umadum," north of Lake Aichwald ( http://www.wirtshaus-umadum.at )
Update: August 13, 2019
Safety informationThe Rotschitza waterfall can be explored with a tour guide.
Monday- June through August
Rotschitza Waterfall- Feratta with Flying Fox
Day-before Registration, Alpine School "high life", 30 euros per person, Tel. +43/ (0)463/595189
Meeting point: 10:00 AM, Gasthof Baumgartnerhof/Altfinkenstein
Tips and hintsRegion Villach Tourism
+43 4242 42000
Getting thereYou can reach Lake Faak with the A2 or A11 highway ("Faaker See" or "St. Niklas" exit).
ParkingThere are free parking spaces by the Faak Tourist Information Center.
33T 416276 5157535
EquipmentGood shoes and drinking water
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view