This challenging but unique and beautiful hike leads you around the emerald-colored Lake Ossiach.
Distance 35.2 km
This hike circles Lake Ossiach. It is recommended to divide the hike into two days- one day on the north shore and one day on the south shore, then take the ferry back to the starting point. The routes can also be done clockwise!
Shortly before "Gasthaus Matthiasl" there is a path that leads to "Peterlewand," where there is a small pavillion with a beautiful view of the see! A perfect spot for a picnic!
Update: August 19, 2020
Getting thereThe best option for arrival is taking the A10 highway- "Ossiacher See" exit.
ParkingThere are plenty of parking spaces in both Annenheim and Steindorf.
33T 415478 5167850
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentGood shoes, drinking water, and a rain jacket.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view