The ascent from Sirnitz to St. Leonhard is quite steep in parts, here you can get there without a motor definitely sweating. The path leads along a stream and is consistently in the shade of the surrounding forest.
Arrived in St. Leonhard, on a gravel road to the "Prekova". There is a place to stop at Gasthoof Seebacher or Gasthof Urscherwirt.
From there over the Zedlitzberg with wonderful views towards the Carinthian Basin, Karawanken and Julian Alps to Köttern and back to Sirnitz.
There are several places to stop for refreshments along the route:
- Scheiber country inn in Sirnitz
- Urscherwirt inn and Seebacher inn in Gurk
- Payer fish farm in Neualbeck,
- Albeck Castle
Safety informationPlease observe the fair play rules of the Millstätter See - Bad Kleinkirchheim - Nockberge region.
- The forest and our alpine pastures are also a place of work and living space.
- For your own safety, stick to the barriers and prohibition signs - especially temporary restricted forest areas Route - no shortcuts.
- Drive gently and in a controlled manner - stay in your comfort zone and drive with half sight. Shortcuts, shredding and rear wheel lock-ups damage the trail and the image of mountain bikers.
- Be careful of nature, plants and wildlife and finish your tour before dusk
- Close pasture gates and gates behind you - “Last cow closes gates”
- Be friendly, respect other trail users and give way to hikers if necessary. Uphill drivers have the right of way.
- On forest roads, traffic regulations apply
140 Alpine emergency call
144 Rescue emergency call
112 European emergency call (possible from all networks. Switch off the mobile phone and after switching on instead of the PIN dial the number "112")
The route partly leads over public roads and paths. Watch out for traffic and observe the traffic regulations.
Tips and hintsMore information about biking in our region:
Region Millstätter See - Bad Kleinkirchheim - Nockberge
+43 (0) 4766-3700-0
Getting thereDirections to Sirnitz-Albeck via Gurktal or Hochrindl.
ParkingPublic parking at the municipal office in Sirnitz.
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
- Suitable bike: trekking, touring, mountain, gravel or e-bike
- helmet and goggles
- Gloves and suitable footwear
- tool and pump
- water bottle and food
- Mobile phone, first aid kit
You will find the following bike specialists in our region:
- 5 Waypoints
- 5 Waypoints