This trail features roots, stones and sometimes narrower passages. However, the flow is never lost, which is why the trail is really fun to ride.
Tips and hintswww.lake.bike
Getting thereTake the road to Latschach - at the beginning of the village turn southwards and drive up the Altfinkensteiner Straße towards the castle arena Finkenstein and the restaurant Baumgartnerhof.
ParkingYou have different parking options:
-You can park at the tourist information office in Faak am See and cycle upwards from there
-You can also park at the cementary in Latschach
-The last option is the parking area at the Baumgartnerhof which is most of the time quite early full - you can also park at the castle arena Finkenstein.
Book recommendation by the author
EquipmentSuitable mountainbike, helmet, protective gear, drinking water and a camera
Basic Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.