This tour is closed due to a massive land slide in Slovenia until further notice!
Distance 89.3 km
This ride takes you from the "Faaker See" (Lake Faak) over the Karavanken alps to Slovenia. Through the legendary winter-sports town of Kransjka Gora, Planica the path takes you over Tarvis and back to "Faaker See" again.
There aren't many opportunities better than the "MTB-Tour 3" to experience three different countries, three different cultures, and three different culinary traditions on such a short journey. Enjoy breakfast on the Faaker See (Austria), lunch in Kransjka Gora (Slovenia) and an espresso in Tarvis (Italy)!
Update: November 02, 2021
Getting thereTake the A2 motorway and exit at " Villach-Faaker See " or take the A11 and exit at " St. Niklas".
ParkingThere are plenty of parking spots at "Bauernmarkt Gelände" (this is the farmer's market right across from the Faak train station).
33T 416492 5157531
EquipmentA hard-tail is more than enough. No long or difficult single tracks. Don't forget your wind jacket and camera :)
Basic Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view