Drei Hütten Tour - Tour to three huts | nock/bike Tour 48
MBN Tourismusmanagement GmbH Verified partner Explorers Choice
Aussicht auf den Millstätter SeePhoto: Erwin Haiden, MBN Tourismusmanagement GmbH
The route is on asphalt up to the Millstätter Alm Straße toll booth, then on a gravel road without any particular difficulties to the Schwaigerhütte. There begins an alpine path that makes a loop to the Millstätter Hütte and Alexanderhütte.
The route can be done with any off-road bike, but the altitude difference and the exposure to the south should not be underestimated.
Safety informationPlease note the fair play rules of the Millstätter See - Bad Kleinkirchheim - Nockberge region:
- The forest and our pastures are also a place of work and living space.For your own safety, keep to the barriers and prohibition signs - especially limited forest areas.
- Observe the signs and stick to the route - no shortcuts.
- Drive gently and in a controlled manner - stay in your comfort zone and drive with half sight.
- Shortcuts, shredding and locking rear wheels damage the trail and the image of mountain bikers
- Be mindful of nature, plants and wildlife and finish your tour before dusk
- Close pasture gates and gates behind you again.
- Be friendly, respect other trail users and let hikers go first if necessary.Uphill drivers have the right of way.
- The road traffic regulations apply on forest roads
- 140 Alpine emergency call
- 144 ambulance call
- 112 European emergency call (possible from all networks. Switch off the mobile phone and after switching on, dial the number “112” instead of the PIN)
The route leads partly on public roads and paths. Pay attention to vehicle traffic and obey the road traffic regulations.
Tips and hintsFurther information about the bike offer in our region:
Region Millstätter See - Bad Kleinkirchheim - Nockberge
+43 (0) 4766-3700-0
More information about themed cycle paths:
Kärntner Seenschleife: https://www.kaernten.at/seenschleife/
Alpe Adria Cycle Path: https://www.alpe-adria-radweg.com/
Drau Cycle Path: https://www.drauradweg.com/de/
Cycling in Carinthia: https://www.kaernten.at/rad/
Further information on public transport:
ÖBB Rail and Bike:
Public transportBy train to Spittal/Millstätter See station. From there continue with the bus or the Nockmobil to Millstatt am See.
Getting thereOn the A10 Tauern autobahn, take the Millstätter See exit. Along the lake to Millstatt am See.
ParkingPublic paid parking spaces are available in the town center (near Billa).
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentAn important prerequisite for a successful bike tour is optimal equipment. The basic equipment includes:
- Suitable bike -> mountain bike, e-mountain bike, gravel
- bikehelmet and goggles
- Gloves and suitable footwear
- tool and pump
- water bottle and food
- Mobile phone, first aid kit
- 3 Waypoints
- 3 Waypoints
Questions and answers
Would you like to the ask the author a question?
Photos from others