It is known for its magnificent views far over the Gailtal and reveals a unique panorama of the Carnic Alps. Especially the trail down to Jenig offers a lot of riding fun for everyone, because the route is easy to ride and all you need for safe riding is a solid riding technique.
The tour is also suitable for e-bikes.
Bike rental directly at the starting point!
The tour is signposted HP1.
Rest stopsDiverse Cafe's in Hermagor
Pizzeria Vinissiomo, Hermagor
- When the line is closed - absolute driving ban!
- Always drive on half sight.
- Always adjust your speed so that you can stop in time before obstacles or avoid oncoming traffic
- Watch out for pedestrians and hikers and drive slowly past
- Driving on the track with motorcycles will be reported without exception.
- The use of the bicycle routes is at your own risk.
- In the forest, especially camping, camping in the dark, making fires, disturbing game or entering forest cultures under 3 m tree height are prohibited by law.
- Check your sports equipment regularly and wear a helmet
- Only the use of the approved, marked routes is permitted.
- Never leave the marked path
- We ask for consideration for the environment.
- Avoid noise and pollution.
- Restrict driving in the twilight to protect wild animals.
- Observe the road traffic regulations and provide first aid if necessary.
- Please always close gates and gates.
- Caution during forestry work!Correct self-assessmentStart in time and plan for reserves
- Leave higher altitudes in bad weather
- Make sure that you can get through safely if there are impassable stretches of road.
- If you do not feel safe, turn back soon enough
- For a safe cooperation please follow the Fair Play rules (Link) Emergency call: (+43 4282)112
Tips and hintsSights along the tour:
- Beautiful view - magnificent mountain panorama
- St. Ulrich Chapel Guggenberg
Getting therefrom Western Austria and Germany
A10 Tauernautobahn via Tauern- and Katschbergtunnel (toll) until exit Feistritz/ Drau, continue in direction Hermagor via Windische Höhe, through Hermagor ... further see above
or: alternatively, take the A10 to the Villach junction, continue on the A2 south motorway towards Italy, exit Hermagor/Gailtal to Hermagor ... further see above,
or: Motorway via Rosenheim, Kufstein (A12 Inntal motorway, exit Kufstein Süd), Felbertauern tunnel (toll) to Lienz, Gailbergsattel, Kötschach-Mauthen, direction Hermagor until the Nassfeld junction ... further see above (distance Munich - Nassfeld: 298 km)
from Eastern Austria
A2 south motorway to exit Hermagor / Gailtal, continue to Hermagor and direction Kötschach-Mauthen, junction Nassfeld, Nassfeld main road to the Nassfeld (distance Vienna - Nassfeld: 420 km)
Take the motorway to Udine and continue towards Austria, exit at Pontebba, through the village of Pontebba take the Italian pass road to the Nassfeld (Passo di Pramollo) (distance Udine - Nassfeld: 85 km)
Autostrada Udine - Tarvisio - exit Hermagor/Gailtal. Continue to Hermagor and direction Kötschach/Mauthen
ParkingPublic parking spaces are available directly at the starting point.
Millennium Express valley station
- Helmet duty!!!!!!
- Right clothing: Do not only adapt your clothing to the current weather conditions.
- Also pack warm clothing, a spare jersey and rain protection in summer, especially in the early and late seasons.
- Emergency equipment: bandages, repair kit (spare hose, pump, tools), map, mobile phone and possibly GPS
- ATTENTION: In the mountains reception is not guaranteed everywhere!
- Take enough to drink with you and plan a stopover in good time
- 12 Waypoints
- 12 Waypoints