Start is at the Madritschen chairlift upper terminus where a fantastic all-round panoramic view provides a good overview. The first part of the trail is on Austrian soil exactly there where skiers carve their turns in winter. During the summer however, you move through pasture area, meaning meadows with gravel, along the entire ”Livio Trail“. Please give special consideration to the cows and horses. Also, the trail is crossed by and shared with hikers. But all passages offer an unrestricted view ahead.
The first passage is followed by a short flat section. Continuing, there is a short ascent (approx. 200 m) followed by a traverse. The border to Italy is at this highest intermediate point, and the most scenic and most natural section starts here. Before the junction to “S“ (Snake) and “C“ (Chri), stop for a short break to take a few snapshots with the Gartnerkofel as backdrop. The trail continues across a meadow with a few bumps and a steeper curve in direction first North Shore Bridge which is shortly before the junction ”L“ (Livio) and ”F“ (Fausto). This is where the flowy part of the trail starts. Roots, stones and small forests are the ideal ”playground“ for bikers. The Livio Trail ends directly at the lake (Lago Pramollo) – and as the name says it – at the Restaurant Livio.
- When the trail line is closed - absolute driving ban!
- Driving on the trail lines is only permitted with suitable bikes.
- Driving on the lines with motorcycles will be reported without exception.
- Always ride on half visibility.
- On split trails hikers always have priority.
- The consumption of alcohol in the trail area is prohibited!
- The trail lines are reserved for experienced mountain bikers.
- Hikers please use the signposted hiking trails.