A charming MTB tour in southern hills (Ossiacher Tauern) of Lake Ossiach. Ride along a forrest road and enjoy wonderful views.
Distance 13 km
There is a small forrest lake, called Tauernteich on top of the Ossiacher Tauern - very picturesque!
Update: November 02, 2021
Safety informationPlease follow the fair play rules and look after your fellow trail users.
Tips and hintsRegion Villach Tourism
+43 4242 42000
Getting thereComing from Villach, follow the federal road L49 on the southern side of the lake to Ossiach.
ParkingYou can park directly in the centre of Ossiach - don´t forget to pay for your parking ticket
33T 422285 5169641
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentMountain bike, e-mountain bike, helmet and water.
Basic Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view