An easy bike ride in the "Ossiacher Tauern."
Distance 11.3 km
Bike around the "Ossiacher Tauern" on paved roads and forest paths.
You can hike on the "Schluchtweg" from Ossiach to the Tauern Pond- an absolute must!
Update: November 02, 2021
Safety informationBe careful on the curves!
Tips and hintsRegion Villach Tourism
+43 4242 42000
Getting thereFrom Villach: L49 to Ossiach
From Feldkirchen: L49 or B94, then L50 and L49 to Ossiach.
ParkingIn the town center next to the abbey (Stift).
33T 422265 5169625
EquipmentHelmet, water bottle
Basic Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view