1,283 meters of altitude on route No. 296 from the west of the Dobratsch to its summit. An easy way through beautiful forests.
Distance 10.7 km
From the summit it´s only 5 minutes the "Gipfelhaus" where you can eat and drink. In Nötsch a visit to the Museum of the Nötsch Circle or the bakery Wiegele is recommended.
Update: August 16, 2019
Safety informationHiking tours on the Dobratsch are alpine hiking tours with specific alpine dangers (fall of temperatures, disorientation due to fog, thunderstorms etc .) . Be careful on your way!
Tips and hintsRegion Villach Tourism
+43 4242 42000
Getting thereFrom Villach via the B111 to Nötsch im Gailtal . Follow the road to Bad Bleiberg and turn before "Graben" to Hermsberg .
ParkingParking after the last farm in Hermsberg. Shortly before passing through the forest to Lärchbach, a forest path branches off to the right, with a sign to the car park.
33T 394294 5163251
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentTrekking shoes, backpack , functional underwear , rainwear, hiking sticks , food and drinks, maps , first aid and mobile phone.
Basic Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Climbing helmet as required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view