An impressive " short - distance trail " around the Nature Park Dobratsch .
Distance 68.1 km
The Dobratsch is an anomaly in many ways. It represents not only the largest landslide area in the Eastern Alps but also the habitat of rare plants and animals , it is also the center of gravity of the region's history , which is characterized by specific cultural wealth . Located at the intersection of three cultures surrounding by a lively indented valley landscape , which has developed this idiosyncratic character and a atmosphere which is best when hiking . The scale of Dobratsch Nature Park and Nature Park communities loop trails and connects so many different natural areas and cultural landscapes, that can hardly be more varied. Despite the small radius of less than ten kilometers, that constantly changes the picture . The wonderful nature civilization offers an exciting program of contrasts ; Encounter evidence of a history at every turn . Highlights of time travel are localities with important cultural monuments and historic houses stocks . There are also traces of contemporary art and delightful creations of everyday culture . Even the cuisine leaves little to be desired . All stage destinations are accessible by public transport ( three of them with the railway) , resulting in several variations and abbreviation possibilities. So the Dobratsch circular route meets all the requirements for a short distance walk that will remain in your memory.
Trail Info- & Booking Center
Tel.: +43 4782 93093
You can also book your accommodation online at: www.visitvillach.at
Update: September 07, 2020
Getting thereTake the motorway exit " Villach -Warmbad " and follow signs for " KärntenTherme " .
ParkingAt the Kärnten Therme there are plenty of parking spaces with costs. However, there are also free parking spaces in the immediate vicinity.
33T 410127 5160158
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentMountain boots with profiled sole, rucksack, functional underwear, rainwear, walking sticks, food and drink, maps, first aid, mobile phone
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view