Easy and sunny winter hike for the whole family.
Distance 2.1 km
The Dobratsch Nature Park is the perfect area for a relaxed winter hike. The prepared hiking trail is an excellent way to explore the winter landscape. With its many vantage points, sunny spots and places to stop for refreshments, the trail quickly becomes your destination.
A short culinary stop in the Rosstrattenstüberl is recommended to warm up on the way.
Update: December 05, 2019
Safety informationPlease pay attention to the nature zones in the nature park and stay on the signposted paths.
Tips and hintsRegion Villach Tourism
+43 4242 42000
Getting thereThe Aichingerhütte and the Rosstratte can be reached via the Villach Alpine Road.
Toll-free: annually from 1 January to 14 April and from 16 November to 31 December.
Please contact us for the current toll prices (annually from 15 April to 15 November): +43 4242 / 55 309
ParkingThere is a large parking lot at the Dobratsch - but on very nice days, especially on weekends, it is recommended to take the bus.
33T 401449 5161209
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentWinter clothing and good footwear (winter hiking boots, snowshoes) are recommended.
Basic Equipment for Winter Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots appropriate for winter use (B1+ recommended)
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Water- and windproof mountaineering jacket and trousers with ankle adjustment or separate gaiters
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Water- and windproof gloves plus thin fleece inner gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Winter Hiking
- Hiking poles fitted with snow baskets
- Trail ‘spike’ crampons at minimum and a basic ice axe are recommended when covering steeper terrain
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view